08 Mar Cool Cucumber Coconut Cocktail Recipe With A Salmon Cocktail Sandwich
The cucumber is light and cooling and a perfect ingredient for a cocktail after a long Spring day in the garden. Cucumbers can be used in a variety of ways that include pickling, raw, juice and garnish. In a cocktail, this fruit can lighten up even the fieriest spirit!
Seedless cucumbers (also known as English cucumbers or European cucumbers), are best used in drinks. These types of cucumbers don’t have bumps or prickles on the skin. They also tend to be long and thinner than the standard cucumber, which makes them easy to manipulate. And who wants those pesky seeds floating in their cocktail anyways?
Here’s a great list of ingredients that pair beautifully with a cucumber:
- Blanco tequila
- White rum
- Bianco vermouth
- Dry champagne
Herbs and spices:
Fruits and veggies:
- Any melon
- Coconut milk
Wowee, what a list! And that is just to name a few. There is a lot of fun to have with this ingredient. However, it is a “quiet” ingredient, so avoid mixing cucumbers with powerful, complex aged spirits or you will lose the taste altogether.
Cucumber cocktails are also a perfect pairing with tea sandwiches. One of my favorite combos is this Cool Cucumber Coconut Cocktail paired with my famous Salmon Cocktail sandwich.
Both are super easy to make and will put a smile on your guests’ faces. Here’s how to make both.
Cucumber Coconut Cocktail Recipe
- 1 ½ oz. Cucumber Vodka
- ½ oz. Ginger liqueur
- 1 oz. coconut milk
- ½ oz. simple syrup
- ½ oz. fresh lime juice
- Club soda
- Boston shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- Bar spoon
- Add all ingredients to your mixing glass except for club soda
- Add ice to tin and shake well
- Strain into an ice filled tall glass
- Top with club soda and stir
- Garnish with a cucumber ribbon.
How To Make A Cucumber Ribbon
What You’ll Need:
- One ripe seedless cucumber
- Potato peeler
- Using a potato peeler peel the top skin from your English cucumber from base to tip of the fruit, then discard skin
- Repeat peeling using your potato peeler in the same spot
- Gather the cucumber strip into a ribbon using a long toothpick
Salmon Cocktail Sandwich Recipe
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ oz. fresh lemon juice
- ½ loaf white bread with the crusts removed
- 8 oz. smoked salmon
- 1 thinly sliced avocado with skin and seed removed
- Salt and black pepper
- Mix lemon, cream cheese, salt and pepper to taste
- Spread ½ of mixture onto 4 slices of white bread with the crusts removed
- Divide salmon evenly between the four pieces of bread
- Top with thinly sliced avocado
- Spread remaining half of mixture onto 4 additional slices of white bread with the crusts removed
- Place cream cheese mixture side down onto avocado
- Slice into quarters and enjoy!